Southern Sayings About Being Poor & Broke
37. He was so poor, he had a tumbleweed as a pet.
38. He doesn’t have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of.
39. I’m so poor I couldn’t jump over a nickel to save a dime.
40. I’m as poor as a church mouse.
A Southerner’s Take On Scantily Clad Women
41. You’re gonna have old and new-monia dressed like that! (A take on catching a cold, but with pneumonia.)
42. Lawd, people will be able to see to Christmas! (I guess that means people only got “lucky” on Christmas?)
43. Lawd, pull that down! We kin see clear to the promised land!
When There’s A Drought
44. It’s so dry the trees are bribing the dogs.